To: The Chairman – Cllr Mike Facey and all members of the Town Council
You are hereby summoned to attend the next meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7pm on Monday 3rd August 2020 via video conferencing.
27th July 2020
A public participation session will be held prior the commencement of the formal meeting. Anyone wishing to speak on any matter should give notice to the Town Clerk by midday on the Thursday before the meeting. No resolution can be made on any matter that is not on the agenda.
Please be aware that meetings are recorded.
- To receive any apologies for non-attendance
- To receive any declarations of interest in items on this agenda & note any dispensations granted
- To receive and approve minutes of the Town Council meeting held on 22nd June 2020
- To note updates to the Action List
- To receive reports from the police or other emergency services
- To receive the Chairman’s announcements
- Reports by Members (for information only)
- To receive any reports from County councillors on County Council relevant matters
- To receive any reports from District councillors on District Council relevant matters
- To receive any reports from Town Council councillors on Town Council relevant matters
- Motions for note/resolution
- To note that following the resignation from the council of Rich Gardiner White, the councillor vacancy will remain until resolution of the election scheduled for 6th May 2021.
- To resolve whether the town council requires poll cards to be issued for the town councillor election on 6th May
- To agree a consultation response to the LGA’s proposed changes to the Members Code of Conduct.
- To receive recommendations from the Christmas lights working party on the award of a 3-year contract for the provision of Christmas lights in both towns.
- To receive the Sedgemoor Taxi Licensing Policy and agree any response to the consultation.
- To resolve the town council’s position on the farmers’ market returning to the High Street within the pedestrianised zone on 28th August.
- To note the closing date for the Civic Award nominations will be extended to the end of August and consideration of nominations will be undertaken at a meeting of the Town Improvements Committee, date to be confirmed.
- To receive and approve details of expenditure during May and June 2020 (as circulated)
- To receive the Town Council Accounts up to date as of June 2020 (as circulated)
- Minutes of previous committee meetings:
To receive the minutes of the following committees, as previously circulated and published on the Town Council website:
29th June Extraordinary Town Improvements
6th July Finance & Resources Draft
8th July Planning Draft
13th July Town Improvements Draft
11. Items of correspondence: (Members are requested to notify the office ahead of the meeting if they wish to have further information on any item) Please see Appendix attached
12. Dates of next Meetings
Tuesday 11th Princess Management Committee
Monday 24th Planning Committee
Monday 14th Planning Committee
Monday 21st Finance & Resources (Grants)
Wednesday 23rd Burial Committee
Monday 28th Town Improvements
Monday 5th Next Town Council Meeting
APPENDIX 11. Table of correspondence for TC Agenda August 2020
|19/06/20||SWP Latest Socially Distancing|
|22/06/20||SCC Weekly work stream update|
|24/06/20||RNLI PR – Lifeguard patrols expand in the SW|
|24/06/20||Disposal of undeveloped land adjoining Lakeside, Isleport, Highbridge|
|25/06/20||Wessex Water Foundation launched to help those in need|
Avon and Somerset PCC announces £200,000 extra funding to support local communities
|29/06/20||SCC Coronavirus Update 26/06/2020|
|29/06/20||Latest update from Somerset Waste Partnership|
|29/06/20||Make a difference and feel better with our Rights of Way team!|
|30/06/20||SCC Make a difference and feel better with our Rights of Way team!|
|02/07/20||SCC Somerset Libraries launch new personal shopper service as doors begin to reopen|
|02/07/20||Hinkley Point C: Update on permit variation application|
|20/07/20||SDC Full Council Meeting: 29 July 2020|
|21/07/20||Eat Out to Help Out Scheme|
|21/07/20||Welcome to ‘Sea Sprite’ – a new Pilot boat for Port of Bridgwater|
|22/07/20||Independent Custody Visitors needed in Bridgwater|
|23/07/20||Somerset Wildlife Reversing Insect Decline Report|
|23/07/20||SASP Inequalities Funding|
|24/07/20||Olivier Close play area at Burnham on Sea|
|24/07/20||TCPA Confirmation of Certification of Order- Footpath AX32-25 Burnham and Highbridge|
|27/07/20||Sedgemoor gives additional funding to Community Group Spark Business & Planning Act 2020 – Pavement Licences SCC Highways confirmation to changes to road safety measures|