This year the Britain in Bloom and Burnham & Highbridge in Bloom competition will not be operating due to the coronavirus outbreak. With the effort that has been undertaken by people in their gardens the Town Council felt this should not go un-noticed.
Between Monday 1st June and Friday 28th August 2020 the council would like to invite residents of Burnham-on-Sea or Highbridge to send in photographs of their gardens, pots or balconies.
Please include with your photograph, your name, address, contact telephone number and email address. Whilst email entries are preferred, if you are not able to do this, please pop a photo with your details into an envelope and post to the Old Courthouse, Jaycroft Road, Burnham on Sea TA8 1LE.
Entries will be judged later in the year by a panel and 6 prizes awarded.
All email entries and any enquiries should be directed to Jacqui Strong projects officer at email@example.com or via the main reception 01278 788088
Terms and conditions for town council Garden competition:
1. The Garden Competition is open to all residents of Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge except any town councillor, employee of the town council or members of their family.
2. To enter the Competition entrants must:
Take a photograph of your garden, pots or balcony
3. Completed application form must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
4. All submissions must include: the entrant’s name, confirmation if under 17 years of age, address including postcode, parent/guardian’s name and a contact telephone number which can be filled in on the appropriate sections of the application form. For entrants under 17 years of age permission to enter the competition must be sought from their parent/guardians and ensure that they have read the Terms and Conditions. This must be confirmed by completing the tick box on the entry form.
5. All entrants must enter the competition by submitting their photograph via the:
Garden Competition Entry Form
6. Entries must be RECEIVED by no later than 1pm on Friday 28th August 2020.
7. By submitting an entry for the competition, the entrant’s have given permission for the entry to be published in all media, including television, print and internet, for all purposes as it wishes and display entries containing an entrant’s forename and town, in all of the above instances.
8. All entries will be judged by a panel based on design, plant choice and overall care.
9. The winner will be contacted by phone during September.
10. The winner will be decided upon by the council and this decision will be final.
11. Entrants will be expected to take part in post-Competition publicity for the town council.
12. The Town Council will only ever use personal details for the purposes of administering the Competition and in accordance with the Town Councils Privacy Notice.
You can read more about the Privacy Notice on: https://burnham-highbridge-tc.gov.uk/home/privacy-notice
13. Any parent/guardian of an applicant is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions when consenting to the application of the relevant entrant.