Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are well prepared to deal with this virus and health professionals are continuously working to contact anyone who has been in close contact with people who have coronavirus.
The latest information from the NHS website can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Additional further updates can be found on the Government’s website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#information-about-the-virus
There are things that all of us can do to help to slow the spread of the virus:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. If you have not got a tissue, then use your sleeve
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand alcohol based sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- avoid touching your face including your eyes, nose or mouth
Any visitors to the Town Council buildings are asked to wash their hands with soap and water on entering the building.
If you are concerned about coronavirus or if you have travelled recently in higher risk areas you should call NHS 111 or refer to the online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
We will be updating this page with further information when it is available.