Cllr Mike Facey, the Town Mayor, is delighted to announce that the Town Council is seeking nominations for this year’s Civic Awards.
These special awards are given to people who, through their outstanding service to the community, have made a real and positive difference to life in Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge.
Due to the ongoing uncertainty caused by to COVID 19, the date and time of the award ceremony is yet to be confirmed, but Cllr Facey is keen to press-on and ensure people don’t miss out on the opportunity for their good works to be recognised. He said, “I look forward to welcoming award winners to a special ceremony once the current restrictions are lifted and it’s safe to get together once again. I hope this will be permitted during my time as Mayor, but even if an event can’t go ahead in the coming months the most important thing is to ensure that residents don’t miss out on the acknowledgement they rightfully deserve”.
Nominations might be for those people who:
- help out neighbours in need
- coach a local sports team
- volunteer at youth or community groups
- organise local activities and community events
- help in schools, libraries, and hubs
- run cultural and social events
Last year over 18 nominations were made, celebrating the tireless support and dedication of people in our community to our community.
In order to allow the Council to carefully consider all nominations, the closing date for receipt of nominations is Friday 31st July 2020.
If you would like to nominate someone for a Civic Award, that person must:
- Have provided services of an exceptional nature for a significant period of time; and
- Have provided services, which have been of benefit to people within the parish; but
- Not be nominated for providing a service that constitutes their usual activity as a business.
Please complete the Civic Awards Nomination Form and refer to the Criteria for nominations https://burnham-highbridge-tc.gov.uk/policies/criteria-for-nominations-for-civic-awards
There will be a further announcement once plans are confirmed with regards an awards presentation event.