Do you know someone who deserves recognition for their good works in Burnham and Highbridge?
In order to allow the Council to carefully consider all nominations, the closing date for receipt of nominations is Friday 28th January 2022.
These special awards are given to people who, through their outstanding service to the community, have made a real and positive difference to life in Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge. This year’s ceremony will be on Friday 4th March 2022 and Cllr Facey is keen to ensure people don’t miss out on the opportunity for their good works to be recognised. He said, “I very much look forward to welcoming award winners to a special ceremony in their honour once again. It is important that residents don’t miss out on the acknowledgement they rightfully deserve as the community has been through a very difficult time
these past couple of years “.Civic Award nominations might be for those people who:
• help out neighbours in need
• coach a local sports team
• volunteer at youth or community groups
• organise local activities and community events
• help in schools, libraries, and hubs
• run cultural and social events
If you would like to nominate someone for a Civic Award, that person must:
• Have provided services of an exceptional nature for a significant period of time; and
• Have provided services, which have been of benefit to people within the parish; but
• Not be nominated for providing a service that constitutes their usual activity as a business.
Please visit the town council website to refer to the Criteria for nominations and complete the nomination form: https://burnham-highbridge-tc.gov.uk/projects/civic-award-2022
There will be a further announcement once plans are confirmed with regards an event for the awards presentation.