The town council has a duty to ensure the safety of staff and visitors to its meeting. It has recognised that unsafe premises raise the risks of virus transmission and present a direct threat to users who might contract COVID-19 while on site.
The town council has undertaken comprehensive risk assessments relating to attendance at its meeting in light of Covid-19.
DO NOT ATTEND the town council meeting if you feel unwell or have any of the following symptoms: (www.nhs.uk):
• a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
• a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
• a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Please ensure that you have read this information and follow all instructions:
- Hand sanitiser dispenser is placed at the entrance to the building and you are required to use it before entering.
- Please wear a face covering on entering the building and keep it on throughout the meeting. If for medical reasons you are unable to wear a close fitting face covering, you are permitted to wear a face shield.
- You will be required to give your name, contact details and time of arrival for NHS test and trace purposes
- Attendees will not be admitted in excess of the room’s safe capacity.
- Maintain a safe 1mtr+ distance when seated (with face covering & open windows & external doors).
- Please take a seat on entry and remain seated throughout the meeting, unless instructed otherwise by the town clerk or council chairman.
- Do not move your seat.
- Please avoid touching surfaces or items.
- If you use the on-site toilet facilities, please follow the signage and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Leave promptly at the end of the meeting, following instructions from the chairman
Many thanks for your cooperation.
NHS test & trace can be found here: privacy notice