It appears that infection rates are beginning to decline, although hospitalisations are still increasing. This is probably a delayed response to the recent high rates. Numbers of people needing ventilator beds is very low.
High levels of staff sickness are making things difficult in some health and social care settings. Please encourage people to stay home if they are feeling unwell and follow the usual steps to avoid spreading Covid.
Most common symptoms of Covid:
The most common symptoms of Covid are now a sore throat and headache:
Long Covid Support
A self-management course has been launched to help people recover from Long Covid.
This 8 session online course covers topics such as:
* Self management for long COVID
* Managing long COVID symptoms e.g.brain fog, fatigue and breathlessness
* Pacing and focussing on what matters to you
* Coping with stress, change and shifting your thinking
* Getting better sleep and mindfulness
* Communication and relationships
* Eating well and moving better
* Managing setbacks
* Using your strengths to make you happier
To find out more, email HOPE@H4C.ORG.UK or phone: 024 7736 0153.