TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
To: The all members of the Town Council
You are hereby summoned to attend an extraordinary meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7pm on Tuesday 18th August 2020 via video conferencing.
Cllr Mike Facey
12th August 2020
This meeting will be held remotely using Zoom.
Please visit www.burnham-highbridge-tc.gov.uk for guidance on how to gain remote public access to the meeting and for all non-confidential meeting papers.
A public participation session will be held prior the commencement of the formal meeting. Anyone wishing to speak on any matter should give notice to the Town Clerk by midday on the Thursday before the meeting. No resolution can be made on any matter that is not on the agenda.
Please be aware that meetings are recorded.
- To receive any apologies for non-attendance
- To receive any declarations of interest in items on this agenda & note any dispensations granted
- To consider the available data in footfall figures and to resolve the Town Council’s position in response to any further Somerset County Council Traffic Order extending pedestrianisation and one-way road systems in Burnham beyond the current temporary Traffic Order (expiring on 31st August).
- To receive a recommendation from the Christmas lights working group that the Council enters into a 3-year contract with Event Power Engineering at a tender value of £20k per year, and to agree the payments terms:
50% of the annual cost invoiced and paid in early November to coincide with the second stage installation on site
30% of the annual cost invoiced and paid in early December once installation is complete
20% final annual cost invoiced and paid mid-January after scheme dismantled.
- To approve that the existing working group, consisting of Cllrs Clayton, Murphy, Hancock, Carey and Allen are tasked with finalising any final design elements, such as colour schemes.
- The next scheduled meeting of the Town Council is Monday 5th October 2020