TOWN IMPROVEMENTS COMMITTEE MEETING
To: Cllr A Hodge (Chairman), Cllr J Keen (Vice Chair), Cllr P Clayton, Cllr S Barber, Cllr D Carey, Cllr C Allen, Cllr P Harvey, Cllr N Tolley, Cllr M Murphy, Cllr M Facey (Ex-officio).
You are hereby summoned to attend the next meeting of the Town Improvements Committee to be held at 7pm on 13th September 2021 at the Old Courthouse, Jaycroft Road, Burnham-on-Sea.
Councillors are reminded that, as public office holders, they are expected to comply with the ‘Nolan Principles’ & the council’s Code of Conduct, and to show respect to others in accordance with the law.
In order to help keep each other safe, all attendees at meetings are asked to be considerate of others and follow requests given by the chairman at the meeting. We will be grateful if you will continue to please:
- use the hand sanitiser at the entry point
- use the NHS app at the door to record your attendance
- take your seat on arrival and remain seated throughout at the set distance
- leave promptly at the end of the meeting
- If you are able, please wear a face covering that fits over the nose and mouth
7th September 2021
A public participation session will be held during the meeting. Anyone wishing to speak on any matter should give notice of the request and subject matter to the Town Clerk no later than midday of the last working day prior to the meeting. No resolution can be made on any matter that is not on the agenda.
Please be aware that meetings are recorded.
- To receive apologies for non-attendance
- To receive any declarations of interest on items included on this agenda. Unless granted a dispensation, a councillor with voting rights shall not participate in discussion or vote on a matter in which they have an interest and shall withdraw from the meeting during discussion of the matter
3. To receive and approve the minutes of the committee meeting held on 12th July 2021 There shall be no discussion about the draft minutes of a preceding meeting except in relation to their accuracy
4. To review updates to the action list
5. Formal announcements from the chair Any councillor member of the committee wishing to provide an announcement should first liaise with the chairman prior to the meeting.
6. Public participation session
In accordance with standing orders, members of the public may speak at this meeting in respect of Town Council business, provided that prior notice of a request to speak, and the subject matter, is received by the Town Clerk no later than midday of the last working day prior to the meeting. Public participation shall be restricted to the public participation session, unless directed otherwise by the Chairman.
7. To consider any action required on matters raised in the public participation session
In accordance with Standing Order 3(e), a public question shall not require a response at the meeting nor start a debate on the question. The chairman of the meeting may direct that a written or oral response is given.
8. Motions for note/resolution
|8.1||To agree how to proceed with the organisation of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Beacons and any other event in June 2022|
|8.2||To receive an update from councillors Clayton & Keen on progress with plans for Christmas lights switch-on events.|
|8.3||To receive an update from Cllrs Keen & Barber on the winners of the gardening competition 2021|
|8.4||To receive an update from Cllr Carey on initial discussions with the Burnham Visitor Information Centre to explore how the town council can work with and assist the centre in marketing and promotion of Burnham and of the Burnham Evolution projects.|
|8.5||To note the submission made to the CIM board to seek approval to adjust CIM budgets as per min ref:38/21/TIMP has been approved and works orders are being placed.|
|8.6||To note that following a legal challenge on the location of the seafront children’s play area, the location has been revised to the grassed lawns, south of the original walled tarmac site, and that costs for associated additional works are being calculated.|
|8.7||To consider a request from Cllr Clayton to install a traffic counter for one week at Ashtree Road, Burnham-on-Sea, at a cost of £225.|
|8.8||To note the most recent GEO-Sense footfall reports for Burnham town centre.|
|8.9||To note the most recent Springboard vacancy reports for Burnham-on-Sea.|
|8.10||To note the most recent Speed Indicator Device reports with associated traffic speeds and agree any future action (reports x2 provided).|
|8.11||To ratify the action taken to reschedule the date of the Burnham fireworks display so that it reverts to its usual date of Sunday 7th November, in support of the local Carnival ‘Sedgemoor Weekend’.|
|8.12||To note that a trailer has been purchased cost of £1,569 from budget 4044 303 (Vehicle Replacement) for use by the rangers in moving rubbish, green waste and the ride on mower to alternative sites.|
- 9. Financial Reports
|9.1||To receive the income and expenditure report for July 2021.|
- 10. Motions requiring exclusion of press and public due the confidential nature of the matter to be discussed.
|10.1||To resolve to exclude press and public from item 10.2 & 10.3 due reasons of commercial interest relating to the award of contracts for seafront works under Burnham Evolution.|
|10.2||To receive a report on the tender quotations received for completion of the Burnham seafront lamppost repainting works and to agree the award of contract.|
|10.3||To receive a report on the tender quotations received for completion of the scheme to replace Burnham town centre/ seafront signage and fingerposts and to note an order has been placed as per min ref: 23/21/TIMP|
- 11. The next meeting of this committee will be held on Monday 15th November at 7pm.