TOWN IMPROVEMENTS MEETING
To: The Chairman – Cllr N Tolley, Cllr J Keen (Vice Chair), Cllr P Clayton, Cllr S Barber, Cllr A Hodge, Cllr Dawn Carey, Cllr C Allen, Cllr R Gardiner-White, Cllr P Harvey, Cllr M Murphy, Cllr M Facey (Ex-officio).
You are hereby summoned to attend the next meeting of the Town Improvements Committee to be held remotely at 7pm on 18th May 2020.
12th May 2020
This meeting will be held remotely using Zoom. The meeting invitation is:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 965 5861 9959
A public participation session will be held prior the commencement of the formal meeting. Anyone wishing to speak on any matter should give notice to the Clerk by midday on the last working day before the meeting. No resolution can be made on any matter that is not on the agenda.
Please be aware that meetings are recorded
All non-confidential papers for this meeting are available at
- To receive apologies for non-attendance
- To receive any declarations of interest in items included on this Agenda.
- To receive and approve the minutes of the Committee meeting held on 20th January 2020
- To note updates to the Action List
- To consider the 2020 fireworks display and resolve how to proceed (see report).
- To receive a report on costs for 2020 provision of Christmas lights in both towns and agree how to proceed.(see report)
- To receive an update report on the Victoria Quarter sign (see report)
- To receive an update from Cllr Clayton on the meeting held on 6th February to discuss the Trinity Christmas lights display.
- To receive an update from Cllr Allen regarding the funding and service of the 67 bus in relation to Town Improvements Committee considerations.
- To receive an overview on aspects of recovery and finance post COVID 19 (see report)
- To receive and approve a proposal from Cllrs Carey & Clayton to form a collaborative Partnership, with the aim of producing a new inclusive plan for regeneration of the entire parish of Burnham-on-Sea & Highbridge (to be read with reference to any post COVID 19 recovery plans)(as circulated)
- To receive and approve a terms of reference from Cllrs Carey and Clayton in relation to the formation of a regeneration partnership (as circulated)
- To receive an update from the Town Clerk on the implementation of the HPC funded free business support programme in Burnham-on-Sea.
- To note that the CIM Board have been provided with a progress report notifying a delay in the provision of the Burnham Evolution town improvements projects planned for commencement this spring, including the Princess refurbishments and the seafront enhancements, and to agree who will take implementation decisions on the placing/design of aspects of the seafront works.
- To resolve whether to proceed this year or next with the purchase and installation of a legacy town clock.
- To note that permanent advice has been issued by Defra against bathing at Burnham Jetty due to the beach location at the mouth of the rivers Brue and Parrett.
- To consider sponsoring a Town Council garden competition (see report)
- To consider whether to hold a VJ Day Celebration Gallery event (see report)
- To receive an update from Cllr Carey on progress of a youth awards scheme.
- The next meeting of this committee will be held on Monday 13th July 2020 at 7pm.