To: The Chairman – Cllr N Tolley, Cllr J Keen (Vice Chair), Cllr D Carey, Cllr P Clayton, Cllr S Barber, Cllr A Hodge, Cllr C Allen, Cllr R Gardiner-White, Cllr H Groves, Cllr P Harvey, Cllr M Murphy, Cllr A Brewer (Ex-officio).
You are hereby summoned to attend the next meeting of the Town Improvements Committee to be held at 7pm on 20th January 2020 in the Old Courthouse, Jaycroft Road, Burnham-on-Sea.
13th January 2020
A public participation session will be held prior the commencement of the formal meeting. Anyone wishing to speak on any matter should give notice to the Clerk by midday on the last working day before the meeting. No resolution can be made on any matter that is not on the agenda.
Please be aware that meetings are audio recorded
Prior to the formal agenda, there will be a short presentation of awards to the winners of the 2019 Christmas lights competition.
- To receive apologies for non-attendance
- To receive any declarations of interest on items included on this Agenda.
- To receive and approve the minutes of the Committee meeting held on 18th November 2019
- To note updates to the Action List
- To receive a report on the 2019 Burnham-on-sea fireworks display and to resolve whether to proceed with the event in November 2020.
- To resolve whether to book Skyburst, the Bristol Fireworks Company to provide a professional display in November 2020.
- To receive an update from Cllr Carey on progress of a youth awards scheme.
- To receive an update on progress of VE Day celebrations.
- To note that the Council has been awarded £1000 by Police Community Trust to install motorbike ground anchors in Burnham & Highbridge car parks.
- To note that the Council has been awarded £30,000 by Sedgemoor District Council for the implementation of a free business support programme.
- To note the concerns around the Trinity Road Christmas lights display and note that Cllr Clayton has offered to host a meeting between relevant bodies.
- To note that a meeting of the Burnham Evolution Partnership has been scheduled this week to discuss and make recommendations on progression of the Business Plan.
- The next meeting of this committee will be held on Monday 23rd March 2020 at 7pm The Old Courthouse.