TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
To: The Chairman – Cllr Mike Facey and all members of the Town Council
You are hereby summoned to attend the next meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7pm on Monday 2nd August 2021 at The Old Courthouse, Jaycroft Road, Burnham-on-Sea
In order to help keep each other safe, all attendees at meetings are asked to be considerate of others and follow requests given by the chairman at the meeting. We will be grateful if you will continue to please:
- use the hand sanitiser at the entry point
- use the NHS app at the door to record your attendance
- take your seat on arrival and remain seated throughout at the set distance
- leave promptly at the end of the meeting
- If you are able, please wear a face covering that fits over the nose and mouth
28th July 2021
A public participation session will be held prior the commencement of the formal meeting. Anyone wishing to speak on any matter should give notice to the Town Clerk by midday on the Thursday before the meeting. No resolution can be made on any matter that is not on the agenda.
Please be aware that meetings are recorded.
- To receive any apologies for non-attendance
- To receive any declarations of interest in items on this agenda & note any dispensations granted
- To receive and approve minutes of the Town Council meeting held on Monday 21st June 2021
- To note updates to the Action List
- To receive reports from the police or other emergency services
- To receive the Chairman’s announcements
- Reports by Members (for information only)
To receive any reports from county councillors on county council relevant matters
To receive any reports from district councillors on district council relevant matters
To receive reports from town councillor representatives appointed to outside bodies
- Motions for note/resolution
To consider taking part in The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Beacons event on 2nd June 2022 (as detailed in correspondence from the Pageant Master).
To note that the Burnham Visitor Information Centre is planning to organise a Burnham Jubilee event in June 2022 and invites event ideas from councillors (the Visitor Information Centre will seek future support from the council in due course).
To receive a recommendation from the Finance & Resources Committee (draft min:39/21/F&R) that £15k of CIL funds should be used to offer a shop front scheme in Highbridge, following the same terms, application and judging process as the Burnham scheme.
To approve the adoption of a new and revised format for agendas, ahead of the implementation of electronic meetings papers.
To hear from Cllr Allen on the Somerset County Council Bus Back Better Scheme.
To note the decision from the Secretary of State that a single unitary authority for Somerset will be formed and to receive an update on the discussion of the LGR working group.
To receive and approve details of expenditure during May and June 2021, as circulated
To receive the town council accounts and earmarked reserves up to the 30th June 2021, as circulated
- Minutes of previous committee meetings:
To receive the minutes of the following committees, as previously circulated and published on the Town Council website:
24th February 2021
13th April 2021
Princess Management Committee
26th April 2021
Finance and Resources Committee
17th May 2021
Town Improvements Committee
2nd June 2021
23rd June 2021
- Items of correspondence – for information only:
(Members are requested to notify the office ahead of the meeting if they wish to have further information on any item)
Appended to agenda
- Dates of next August meetings & next town council meeting
4th August 2021
23rd August 2021
24th August 2021
4th October 2021