To: The Chairman – Cllr Andy Brewer and all members of the Town Council
You are hereby summoned to attend the next meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7pm on 3rd February 2020 in the Old Courthouse, Jaycroft Road, Burnham-on-Sea.
27th January 2020
A public participation session will be held prior the commencement of the formal meeting. Anyone wishing to speak on any matter should give notice to the Town Clerk by midday on the Thursday before the meeting. No resolution can be made on any matter that is not on the agenda.
Please be aware that meetings are audio recorded.
- To receive any apologies for non-attendance
- To receive any declarations of interest in items on this agenda & note any dispensations granted
- To receive and approve minutes of the Town Council meeting held on Monday 11th November 2019
- To note updates to the Action List
- To receive reports from the police or other emergency services
- To receive the Chairman’s announcements
- Reports by Members (for information only)
7.1 To receive any reports from County councillors on County Council relevant matters
7.2 To receive any reports from District councillors on District Council relevant matters
7.3 To receive any reports from Town Council councillors on Town Council relevant matters
- Motions for note/resolution
8.1 To consider supporting the library service’s provision at the Morland Hub to bring digital experiences to young people and adults
8.2 To note the ongoing position regarding local government reorganisation in Somerset and to raise any points for discussion.
8.3 To receive a report on the Rural Services Network and resolve whether to become a member of a Rural Towns Group.
8.4 To receive a recommendation from the Finances & Resources Committee to adopt the Financial regulations, as reviewed by the National Association of Local Council.
8.5 To receive a recommendation from the Finances & Resources Committee to adopt the Risk Report for Financial Management
8.6 To approve the 2020/21 budget, as reviewed and recommended by the Finance & Resources Committee
8.7 To approve the precept demand of £718,211
8.8 To approve the schedule of Council meetings in 2020/21, recognising that there might be amendments required according to business need during the year.
8.9 To note that an application has been made to take the Council gazebo to the 23rd May eat:festivals food festival, & that the office will shortly be inviting councillors to agree their attendance.
9.1 To receive the September 2019 certificate of the external auditor.
9.2 To receive and approve details of expenditure during December 2019, as circulated
9.3 To receive the Town Council Accounts for the month of December 2019, as circulated
- Minutes of previous committee meetings:
To receive the minutes of the following committees, as previously circulated and published on the Town Council website:
- Burial Committee held on Wednesday 13th November 2019 (draft)
- Town Improvements Committee held on Monday 18th November 2019
- Planning Committee held on Wednesday 20th November 2019
- Finance and Resources Committee held on Monday 25th November 2019
- Princess Management Committee held on Monday 2nd December 2019 (draft)
- Planning Committee held on Wednesday 18th December 2019 (draft)
- Finance and Resources Committee held on Monday 13th January 2020 (draft)
- Town Improvements Committee held on Monday 20th January 2020 (draft)
- Items of correspondence: (Members are requested to notify the office ahead of the meeting if they wish to have further information on any item)
11.1 RNIB Letter – New Provider to take over running of Kathleen Chambers House
11.2 67 Bus – Service Disruption
11.3 A Citizens Advice Sedgemoor proposal to merge the Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge outreach services
11.4 Western Power – Notification of works in Abingdon Street
11.5 Thank you letter from Our Lady & The English Martyrs
- Dates of next Meetings
Monday 10th Princess Management Committee
Thursday 13th Human Resources
Monday 17th Burial Committee
Monday 24th Planning Committee
Monday 2nd March Next Town Council Meeting