The town council is excited to once again bring Burnham’s spectacular fireworks display to the seafront at 6:30pm on Sunday 7th November 2021.
Town Mayor, Cllr Mike Facey said, “After coronavirus stopped last year’s event, and following what has been a very difficult & challenging period, we hope that this year’s spectacular will bring joy to residents & visitors alike.
We are grateful for the generous support of businesses who help bring the fireworks display to the town. Our sincere thanks go to our donors: the Taste of the Orient Chinese restaurant, Barrington & Sons solicitors, the independent financial advisors at Positive Wealth Creation, and local news website Burnham-on-sea.com.”
Due to the open access area and scale of the event, the council is encouraging attendees to be considerate of those around them to help prevent the spread of Covid 19.
Cllr Facey said, “We know parts of the Esplanade get crowded during the fireworks event, so social distancing in popular viewing spots can be difficult. We are asking people to consider standing further back into less crowded spaces and to wear a face covering if they are able, but fundamentally, we are asking attendees to be respectful of each other and to protect each other as best they can”.
Visitors heading to the seafront are encouraged to follow Covid-related public health advice: to wear a face covering; to make use of the hand sanitiser stations in place on the Esplanade; and to take a test before the event. Those who get a positive test, feel unwell or show symptoms of Coronavirus should stay at home.
The fireworks event is weather and public health dependent. For the latest updates, people are encouraged to check the town council’s website www.burnham-highbridge-tc.gov.uk and its Facebook and Twitter pages @BOSHTownCouncil.