Closing date: Friday 25th September
The town council are encouraging the young people of Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge to aim high with their sunflowers, whether growing them in pots or flower beds – have your tape measures at the ready.
Anyone up to 17 years of age, who grows a sunflower can enter the competition to win a gardening pack. All you need to do is submit the photograph of your sunflower using the entry form below:
Whilst online entries are preferred – if you are not able to do this, please send the photo and application to The Old Courthouse, Jaycroft Road, Burnham-on-Sea TA8 1LE.
For more information contact Jacqui Strong – projects officer firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01278 788088 Entries will be judged later in the year by a panel and prize awarded.
All photos of the sunflowers will be uploaded into an album onto our website, please do not include any people in your photographs.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Sunflower Growing Competition is open to all residents of Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge aged up to 17 years of age on Friday 25th September 2020 (the closing date for entries) except the children of any town councillor or employees of the town council.
2. To enter the Competition entrants must:
• Grow a sunflower from seed
• Take a measurement of the sunflower height and record the height
• Take a photograph of the sunflower
(please no people in the photograph or entry will be disqualified)
3. Completed application form must be submitted to email@example.com before the closing date.
4. All submissions must include: the entrant’s name, confirmation under 17 years of age, address including postcode, parent/guardian’s name and a contact telephone number which can be filled in on the appropriate sections of the application form. Entrants should ask their parent/guardian’s permission to enter the Competition and ensure that they have read the Terms and Conditions. This must be confirmed by completing the tick box on the entry form.
5. All entrants must enter the competition by submitting their photograph online or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Entries must be RECEIVED by no later than 1pm on Friday 25th September 2020.
7. By submitting an entry for the competition, the entrant’s parent/guardian are deemed to have given permission for the entry to be published in all media, including television, print and internet, for all purposes as it wishes and display entries containing an entrant’s forename and town, in all of the above instances.
8. All entries will be judged purely on height with the tallest sunflower winning the prize
9. The winner will be contacted by phone during October.
10. The winner will be decided upon by the council and this decision will be final.
11. Entrants will be expected to take part in post-Competition publicity for the town council.
12. The Town Council will only ever use personal details for the purposes of administering the Competition and in accordance with the Town Councils Privacy Notice.
You can read more about the Privacy Notice on: https://burnham-highbridge-tc.gov.uk/home/privacy-notice
13. The parent/guardian of an applicant is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions when consenting to the application of the relevant entrant.