Sedgemoor District Council would like to let you know about a consultation the council has launched today on the Highbridge Regeneration Framework (HRF), a new plan to regenerate Highbridge town centre by identifying where investment could help change the town for the better.
The consultation will also help inform the council’s forthcoming bid to the Governments Levelling Up Fund, which is seeking to support the initial stages of regeneration of Highbridge Town Centre, as part of a wider bid for the Wells Constituency.
The council has identified a number of regeneration projects which might be suitable for inclusion within the Highbridge Regeneration Framework, and could have a positive impact for Highbridge, including:
- Improvements to Market Street
- Redesigning Bank Street car park
- A new mobility hub that includes public transport, bike parking, electric car charging and additional parking at Highbridge and Burnham railway station
- Improving public transport links across the town and a better cycle route linking Highbridge and Burnham-on-Sea
- Improving flood defences
- Enhanced community hall facilities at Trowbridge Close.
Now, this consultation is inviting everyone who lives and works locally – and organisations with local links – to give their feedback on these schemes, and suggest any other significant public realm or regeneration projects which they feel should be included in future regeneration plans for Highbridge.
The consultation is open until 24 June at https://highbridgeregeneration.co.uk/ and they will also be holding a public drop in event with the project team at Highbridge Community Hall on 15 June, 4pm – 7pm, which you would be most welcome to attend.