Funded by the European Social Fund (ESF), the courses can provide a taster of a new topic area, or gentle (re)introduction to formal learning, via an accredited unit of a full qualification. Springboard courses are perfect for those who:
- Haven’t been in a formal learning environment for a few years.
- Want, or need, to develop skills in a new area of the business.
- Wish to study at a higher level but are unsure about the commitment required.
- Hope to enrol onto longer term training i.e. an apprenticeship, but aren’t sure about the commitment required.
- Are seeking career progression.
By offering a taster, Springboard provides relevant information and encouragement to the employer and employee about the learning options and progression routes available. By completing a Springboard unit, you could:
- Progress onto Apprenticeships, Traineeships or full certificates and diploma in the same or similar topics to extend your learning.
- Learn the skills necessary to secure the next role up in your organisation
- Obtain the certification needed to prove skills you use day to day
- Gain more responsibility in your current role due to new learnt skills
- Learn new skills which allow to innovate, progress or streamline work you currently do.
To be eligible to join the Springboard programme, you must:
- Be over the age of 18.
- Be in employment, including full time, part time and self-employment, but not anybody on a 0 hour contract.
- Be working for a business based within the Somerset County Council authority area.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
What courses are available?
The following courses will be available soon via the Springboard programme:
- Food Safety for the food industry (lvl 2)
- Safeguarding and Protection in care settings (Lvl 2)
- Responsibilities of a care worker (lvl 2)
- Principles of Health promotion (lvl 2)
- Study Skills for Senior Healthcare Support Workers (Lvl 3)
- A variety of understanding and supporting mental health units (lvl 2)
- Understanding Autism (Lvl 2)
- Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes (Lvl 2)
- Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities (Lvl 2)
- Principles of Team leading (lvl 2)
- Principles of business administration (lvl 2)
- Dementia Awareness (lvl 2)
- End of life care (lvl 2)
- Computer Programming (lvl 2)
- Digital skills for work (lvl 2)
- Land-based machinery operations (lvl 3)
- Health and safety in the food supply chain business (lvl 2)
- Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training (Lvl 3)
- Understanding specific learning difficulties (lvl 2)
- Understanding adverse childhood experiences (lvl 2)
- Equality and Diversity (lvl 2)
- Unstinting common childhood illness (lvl 2)
- Understanding behaviour that challenges (lvl 2)
- A variety of hair, barbering and beauty units (lvl 2 and 3)
- Aspect of Enterprise (lvl 2)
If you would like to declare your interest for the Springboard programme, please contact:
If you’re a business based in Taunton and West Somerset, you could also contact:
If you’re a business based in South Somerset, Sedgemoor or Mendip, you can also contact: