To: Cllr J Keen (Vice Chair), Cllr P Clayton, Cllr S Barber, Cllr A Hodge, Cllr Dawn Carey, Cllr C Allen, Cllr R Gardiner-White, Cllr P Harvey, Cllr M Murphy, Cllr M Facey (Ex-officio).
You are hereby summoned to attend an extraordinary meeting of the Town Improvements Committee to be held remotely at 7pm on 21st May 2020.
Cllr Nick Tolley
Town Improvements Committee Chairman
19th May 2020
This meeting will be held remotely using Zoom. The meeting invitation is:
Meeting ID: 998 0801 6271
Please be aware that meetings are recorded
All non-confidential papers for this meeting are available at
- To receive apologies for non-attendance
- To receive any declarations of interest in items included on this Agenda and to note a dispensation to participate in discussions and to vote has been granted to Cllr Gardiner White in relation to COVID19 planning (including items 3, 4 and 5 on this agenda).
- To receive a report from Cllr Rich Gardiner White and resolve how the Town Council can proceed on action in relation to open spaces and high street public safety in light of COVID19.
- To resolve whether the Town Council will identify and contact the key stakeholders, including Somerset County Council, Sedgemoor District Council, representatives of businesses, holiday parks management and public transport operators, and invite them to form an action group that will write and drive forward an emergency plan, swiftly reacting to the changing public health position.
- To resolve whether to apply for the temporary closure of the main traffic thoroughfare through Burnham High Street, between the former Job Centre at Regent Street and the Somerset & Dorset Pub at Abingdon Street, as a matter of urgency in order to enable the safe passage of pedestrians along the street, avoiding obstructions in the path, without being required to walk into a road open to traffic.
- The next ordinary meeting of this committee will be held on Monday 13th July 2020 at 7pm.