To: The Chairman – Cllr Mike Facey and all members of the Town Council
You are hereby summoned to attend the next meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7pm on Monday 22nd June 2020 via video conferencing.
15th June 2020
Please note that, due to volume of items on this agenda, the Chairman will not hear a public participation session prior to the formal meeting. Anyone wishing to speak on any matter is asked to contact their ward Councillor, who will assist as appropriate.
Please be aware that meetings are recorded.
Prior to the agenda Cllr David Fothergill will present & receive questions from councillors on Somerset County Council’s position with regards Local Government Reorganisation.
- To receive any apologies for non-attendance
- To receive any declarations of interest in items on this agenda & note any dispensations granted
- To receive and approve minutes of the Town Council meeting held on 4th May 2020 & the minutes of the extraordinary meetings held 28th May and 11th June 2020.
- To receive the signed & witnessed declaration of acceptance of office from the Chairman
- To note updates to the Action List
- To receive reports from the police or other emergency services
- To receive the Chairman’s announcements
- Reports by Members (for information only)
- To receive any reports from County councillors on County Council relevant matters
- To receive any reports from District councillors on District Council relevant matters
- To receive any reports from Town Council councillors on Town Council relevant matters
- Cllr Winfield written update on Highbridge Festival of Arts
- Motions for note/resolution
- To form an initial view on potential concerns & opportunities from LGR, from the perspective of this Town Council.
- To receive the SALC commissioned report on local government reorganisation, and resolve whether to support the points advanced in the report.
- To review and adopt the updated ico Model Publication Scheme and to note that the Council’s new website is in the process of being updated with the required information
- To receive and approve the invitation to tender documentation for advertising in respect of Christmas lights
- To receive the invitation to tender documentation in respect of the CIM funded seafront works and resolve that authority is delegated to the Town Improvements Committee to consider the tender submissions returned and to award a contract within the designated budget and in line with Financial Regulations.
- To receive an update on the Council’s grant payments relating to Coronavirus community initiatives
- To consider whether to take on the ownership of Railway Heritage noticeboards and approve the signing of legal agreements
- To note that the potential relocation of the Council office has been on temporary hold due to competing priorities associated with Coronavirus affecting both the Town Council and County Council.
10.1 To receive and approve details of expenditure during March and April 2020 (as circulated)
10.2 To receive the Town Council Accounts for the month of March and April 2020 (as circulated)
10.3 To note the RFO’s financial report regarding, general reserve, accounting changes and ear marked reserves.
10.4 To consider the Annual Internal Audit Report 2019/20, letter and observations
10.5 To note that the quarterly sign off of the accounts including year-end has now taken place
10.6 To approve the Annual Governance Statement (s. 1 of the Annual Return 2019/20)
10.7To approve the Annual Accounting Statement for the year ending 31st March 2020 (s.2 of the Annual Return 2019/20)
11. Minutes of previous committee meetings:
To receive the minutes of the following committees, as previously circulated and published on the Town Council website:
- Finance & Resources Committee held on 27th April – Draft
- Planning Committee held on 13th May – Draft
- Town Improvements Committee held on 18th and 21st May – Draft
12.Items of correspondence: (Members are requested to notify the office ahead of the meeting if they wish to have further information on any item)
Please see appendix attached
13.Dates of next Meetings
Monday 29th June Finance & Resources
Wednesday 1st July Burial
Wednesday 8th July Planning
Monday 13th July Town Improvements
Wednesday 29th July Planning
Monday 3rd August Next Town Council
|Appendix||12. Table of correspondence for TC Agenda June 2020|
|13/05/2020||Somerset`s Coronavirus Response|
|Spark Somerset Volunteer Pack|
|15/05/2020||SDC – Please don’t visit us|
|18/05/2020||TI004334 Burnham Road, Highbridge Consultation|
|SWP Cllrs Update|
|19/05/2020||Avon & Somerset Police – House boarded up for three months by court order – Highbridge|
|Somerset’s innovative health and social care sector attracts national praise|
|20/05/2020||Request for information regarding budget & expenditure for the Tesco Project|
|21/05/2020||Hinkley Point C: Consultation on permit application for diesel generators|
|Play areas, play grounds and open air gyms are NOT open|
|Good neighbours still needed as shielding continues until June|
|ACE funding for the Princess!|
|Another helping hand for businesses from Sedgemoor|
|22/05/2020||SWP Briefing – Recycling site network reopens|
|HotSW LEP COVID-19 Business Resilience Newsletter 22 May|
|26/05/2020||IMPORTANT UPDATE – Weston General Hospital closed to new admissions from this morning|
|27/025/2020||Discretionary business grants|
|Discretionary Grant Fund FAQs|
|Open Spaces May|
|28/05/2020||Blood Donation – Support Required|
|NHS Nightingale Hospital Bristol – 28 May 2020|
|01/06/2020||RCNSE12927 – Temporary road closure – Dunbar Close, Burnham on Sea & Highbridge|
|02/06/2020||Request for information regarding activities undertaken within the remit of the Tesco project.|
|Hinkley Point C nuclear power project achieves latest major milestone on schedule|
|03/06/2020||NHS Engagement Bulletin|
|08/06/2020||Coronavirus weekly workstream update|
|11/06/2020||– Important updates on Weston General Hospital and Somerset Foundation Trust (Musgrove Park)|
|12/06/2020||HotSW LEP June Newsletter|
|Avon and Somerset Constabulary: Three arrested under suspicion of dealing illegal substances in Highbridge|
|Oxford Street Car Park|