To: The Vice Chairman – Cllr J Keen, Cllr P Clayton, Cllr S Barber, Cllr A Hodge, Cllr Dawn Carey, Cllr C Allen, Cllr P Harvey, Cllr M Murphy, Cllr N Tolley, Cllr M Facey (Ex-officio).
You are hereby summoned to attend the next meeting of the Town Improvements Committee to be held remotely at 7pm on 28th September 2020.
21st September 2020
This meeting will be held remotely using Zoom. The meeting invitation is:
Meeting ID: 980 6901 4509
All attendees must display their true name on joining the remote meeting.
Please visit www.burnham-highbridge-tc.gov.uk for all non-confidential meeting papers.
A public participation session will be held prior the commencement of the formal meeting. Anyone wishing to speak on any matter should give notice to the Town Clerk by midday on the Thursday before the meeting. No resolution can be made on any matter that is not on the agenda.
Please be aware that meetings are recorded.
- To elect a chairman of the Town Improvements Committee:
- To receive apologies for non-attendance
- To receive any declarations of interest in items included on this Agenda.
- To receive and approve the minutes of the Committee meeting held on 13th July 2020
- To note that the Action List is complete
- To receive an update of the Police & Community Safety responses to reports of anti-social behaviour in Highbridge (see town clerk’s briefing note)
- To hear from Cllr P Harvey and a consider a request for support in the application of yellow lines on Ham Lane, Burnham-on-Sea to resolve parking and access problems.
- To receive an update from Cllr Clayton on the position regarding a Christmas lights display at Trinity Rise
- To definitively resolve not to proceed with the fireworks display in November, in light of existing social distancing requirements & public health information (see town clerk’s briefing note)
- To resolve that the 2020 Christmas lights switch-on event will be virtual and live streamed through social media channels (see town clerk’s briefing note)
- To consider a request from the Burnham-on-Sea Chamber of Trade that the Christmas lights switch-on takes place at an earlier date on or around 12th November so as to maximise opportunities for the high street to benefit from Christmas trade (please note the existing switch-on date for both towns is scheduled for 21st November 2020)
- To resolve to agree expenditure of £1000 from budget no. 301 4329 (TIMPS events budget) to commission Event Power Engineering to produce a film for a virtual 2020 Christmas Lights switch-on event.
- To consider the footfall numbers in the Burnham high street and resolve any action required to facilitate social distancing (see report)
- To note the national and local Springboard vacancy rate figures for July 2020.
- To note receipt of the sealed order granting permission for road closures for two eat:festivals food festivals; 24th October and 5th December 2020.
- To resolve whether councillors will operate the town council stall at the Burnham-on-Sea COVID safe eat food festival on 24th October 2020 and note that risk assessments will be required from the town council to cover the area of a town council stall (see town clerk’s briefing note)
- To receive a proposal from Cllr Mike Facey that the town council supports a £75,000 application to the Somerset County Council Climate Emergency Community Fund for the benefit of the Somerset Wildlife Trust and Somerset Climate Action Network to fund two posts
- To receive an update on the responses to questionnaires re: small business support initiative in Burnham & comment on the potential alternative use of the fund to make improvements to shop fronts (see town clerk’s briefing note)
- To receive a recommendation from the seafront sub-committee that the council enters into a contract with Wicksteed Leisure Ltd for the provision of a seafront play area & trim trail (as determined & paid for under the agreement with the Community Impact Mitigation Fund) at a cost of £87,400
(The report of the Project Coordinator remains confidential until contracts are signed. Should the committee discuss anything of a sensitive commercial nature, the chairman reserves the option to propose the meeting enters confidential session when press and public are lawfully excluded)
20.To resolve that the CIM Project Coordinator should proceed with liaison between Sedgemoor DC and Somerset CC with the aim of identifying an agreeable design for the play area and trim trail according to those seafront landowners, based on concepts presented by Wicksteed, and to report back to this committee for final consideration and agreement of a design on which to seek formal permissions.
21.The next scheduled meeting of this committee will be held on 16th November 2020 at 7pm.