To: The Chairman – Cllr Andy Brewer and all members of the Town Council
You are hereby summoned to attend the next meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7pm on Monday 4th May 2020.
27th April 2020
This meeting will be held remotely using Zoom. The meeting invitation is:
Meeting ID: 922 5338 9201
Please visit www.burnham-highbridge-tc.gov.uk for guidance on how to gain remote public access to the meeting and for all non-confidential meeting papers.
A public participation session will be held prior the commencement of the formal agenda. Anyone wishing to speak on any matter should give notice to the Clerk by midday on the last working day before the meeting. No resolution can be made on any matter that is not on the agenda.
Please be aware that meetings are recorded
- To elect the Town Mayor (Chairman of the Town Council) for the year 2020/21
- To elect the Deputy Mayor (Vice-Chairman of the Town Council) for the year 2020/21
- To elect a Second Deputy Mayor for the year 2020/21
A presentation of past Mayor’s badge & the appointment of a Mayor’s Cadet will take place at a point in the future to be confirmed.
- To receive any apologies for non-attendance
- To receive any declarations of interest in items on this agenda & note any dispensations granted
- To receive reports from the police or other emergency services
- To approve the committee structure and elect councillors to standing committees & sub-committees for 2020/21 according to the Terms of Reference.
- To consider the Town Council representation on outside bodies.
- To receive and approve minutes of the Town Council meeting held on Monday 2nd March 2020 and the extraordinary meeting held on 23rd March 2020.
- To receive the Chairman’s announcements
- To note the update from the Town Clerk on the Town Council’s response to the Coronavirus (see reports).
- Reports by Members (for information only)
12.1 To receive any reports from County councillors on County Council relevant matters
12.2 To receive any reports from District councillors on District Council relevant matters
12.3 To receive any reports from Town Council councillors on Town Council relevant matters
- Motions for note/resolution
13.1 To note amendments to the Complaints Procedure, as approved by the Human Resources Committee
13.2 To agree to the appointment of the Council’s internal auditor to review data management (see report)
13.3 To adopt the Bring Your Own Device Policy
14.1 To receive and approve details of expenditure during February 2020, as circulated
14.2 To receive the Town Council Accounts for the month of February 2020, as circulated
14.3 To note those authorised to submit and approve payments remain the same
- Minutes of previous committee meetings:
To receive the minutes of the following committees, as previously circulated and published on the Town Council website:
15.1 Planning Committee held on Wednesday 8th April (Draft)
15.2 Finance & Resources held on Monday 27th April (Draft)
- Items of correspondence: (Members are requested to notify the office ahead of the meeting if they wish to have further information on any item)
16.1 Advance Notice 2020 Great Weston Ride
16.2 Temporary Road Closure: Burnham Road and Marine Drive
16.3 Information about new Somerset Rivers Authority flood protection works
16.4 Avon & Somerset Police Stakeholder Bulletin
16.5 Open Space Spring 2020
16.6 Visit Somerset – Members Communication
16.7 TTRO356846 High Street, BOS – Temporary Road Closure: High Street, Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge CP
16.8 Sedgemoor District Council – Business Grants
16.9 Keeping Somerset’s roads safe during the coronavirus emergency
16.10 SWP Press release – Hold fire on bonfires, say SWP and fire chiefs
- Dates of next Meetings:
Wednesday 13th Planning Committee
Monday 18th Town Improvements Committee
Thursday 4th Human Resources
Monday 15th Planning Committee
Tuesday 16th Princess Management Committee
Wednesday 17th Burial Committee
Monday 22nd Next Town Council Meeting (AGAR)