To: The Chairman – Cllr Andy Brewer and all members of the Town Council
You are hereby summoned to attend the next meeting of the Town Council, to be held at 7pm on Monday 2nd September 2019 in the Old Courthouse, Jaycroft Road, Burnham-on-Sea.
27th August 2019
The Chairman will give tributes, followed by a minutes’ silence, in respect of former town councillors, Katie Lawson & Martin Cox.
A public participation session will be held prior the commencement of the formal meeting. Anyone wishing to speak on any matter should give notice to the Town Clerk by midday on the Thursday before the meeting. No resolution can be made on any matter that is not on the agenda.
Please be aware that meetings are audio recorded.
A presentation will be received from Visit Somerset to explore the potential opportunities open to the Town Council to help promote the visitor economy.
- To receive any apologies for non-attendance
- To receive any declarations of interest in items on this agenda
- To receive and approve minutes of the Town Council meeting held on 24th June 2019
- To receive and approve minutes of the extraordinary Town Council meeting held on 31st July 2019
- To receive and approve minutes of the extraordinary Town Council meeting held on 13th August 2019
- To note updates to the Action List
- To receive reports from the police or other emergency services
- To receive the Chairman’s announcements with a report on civic duties, including the announcement of civic award recipients.
- Reports by Members (for information only)
9.1 To receive any reports from County cllrs on County Council relevant matters
9.2 To receive any reports from District cllrs on District Council relevant matters
9.3 To receive any reports from Town Council cllrs on Town Council relevant matters
- Motions for note/resolution
10.1 To approve the six strategic pillars of the Town Council’s Corporate Plan.
10.2 To consider a recommendation from the Human Resources Committee to recruit a Projects Officer on SCP 13 (£22,021) on an initial one-year fixed term contract
10.3 To consider a motion proposed by Cllr P Harvey and to resolve whether to amend standing orders to facilitate discussion on committee minutes.
10.4 To consider a motion proposed by Cllr P Clayton and to resolve whether to explore options for relocating the Town Council office to the site of the Princess, whilst maintaining full use of the Theatre and Arts Centre as a community space.
10.5 To consider the One Public Estate report and to resolve whether to contribute to a proportion of the repayment of the grant.
10.6 To consider a report regarding the costs for Christmas lights and agree how to proceed.
11.1 To receive and approve details of expenditure during June 2019, as circulated.
11.2 To receive the Town Council Accounts for the month of June 2019, as circulated.
- Minutes of previous committee meetings:
- To note the draft minutes of the following committees, as previously circulated and published on the Town Council Website:
- Finance & Resources Committee meeting held on 1st July 2019
- Human Resources Committee meeting held on 6th August 2019
- Town Improvements Committee meeting held on 15th July 2019
- Princess Management Committee meeting held on 19th August 2019
- Planning Committee meetings held on 10th July, 5th August & 21st August 2019
- Items of correspondence: (Members are requested to notify the office ahead of the meeting if they wish to have further information on any item)
13.1. Somerset: Our County Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) 2019 focusing on Data Integration published
13.2. Notes on the 67 bus service meeting on the 17th July.
Thank you letters for Grants received:
- Sedgemoor Citizen’s Advice for £2,700
- BOSfest for £2,500
BOSfest Temporary Road Closure Saturday 31st August 8.00 to 18.00
5 Temporary Road Closure, and parking Clyce Road, Highbridge from 22nd August 2019 for eighteen months
- Dates of next Meetings
- Monday 9th September Finance & Resources Committee
- Monday 16th September Planning Committee
- Monday 23rd September Town Improvements Committee
- Thursday 3rd October Human Resources Committee
- Monday 21st October Princess Management Committee
- Monday 7nd Oct Town Council Meeting
All meetings held at 7pm in the Council Chamber