MINUTES: PRINCESS MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Minutes of the EXTRAORDINARY meeting held on Friday 20th March 2020 at 5.30pm at the Princess Theatre, Burnham-on-Sea.
Present: Cllr Louise Parkin (Chairman), Cllrs Peter Clayton, Nick Tolley, Andy Hodge, Dawn Carey, Andy Brewer (Ex-officio) with Lorna Williams (Deputy Town Clerk) and Beccy Armory (Business Development Officer) in attendance. No members of the public present.
- 14/20/PMC Apologies Cllrs Phil Harvey, Colette Winfield, Louise Parkin and Sue Barber Cllr Mike Murphy was not present
- 15/20/PMC Declarations of Interest in items on this agenda & dispensations granted None given
- 16/20/PMC Verbal Report from the Business Development Officer
- Building has been closed since Tuesday
- Operating on very reduced volunteers
- Most users had cancelled this week – SDC ran their last surgery until further notice
- Cleaning the building has been more frequent and more thorough Looking to re-schedule all shows
- People have asked if they can donate their ticket money, suggested Friends of the Princess
- Motions for note/resolution
The government had announced prior to the meeting that all theatres in the UK were to be closed until further notice, therefore it was AGREED that the following two resolutions were no longer applicable.
- 17/20/PMC To agree to close the Princess café for an agreed period, subject to review as appropriate.
- 18/20/PMC To consider whether the Princess should remain open or whether it should close, and to agree any action.
- 19/20/PMC Date of Next meeting It was noted that the next meeting of this committee will be held on Tuesday 14th April 2020 at 7pm at The Old Courthouse.
The Chairman closed the meeting 17:45